Welcome!

Hello and welcome to hook and yarn. I'm Jane, and this is my place to write about the things I knit and crochet, with a little baking and gardening thrown in sometimes too!

Saturday, 23 October 2010

Fingerless gloves

Finished the lovely easy fingerless gloves from the Chicks with sticks book:

and really love them. They're soft as anything in that lovely Rialto aran, and were so easy and relaxing to make. Just one skein too.
Of course I can't decide what to do next. I'm planning to do a cowl with the lovely cotton yarn that Vicki gave me, and I've also got some Cashmerino to do some granny squares with. I didn't use to like granny squares (too many hideous 70's associations...) but Vicki's convinced me by making some lovely squares. Of course it's all about the yarn you use - as long as you avoid horrible artificial yarns and 70s colour schemes, they can look as contemporary as you like. In fact, just the other day we saw some gorgeous scarves in Accessorize made from granny squares!
Maybe I'll start both and have two projects on the go at once...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a comment - I love reading them, and I love getting the chance to click the links to see other people's blogs too :)