Welcome!

Hello and welcome to hook and yarn. I'm Jane, and this is my place to write about the things I knit and crochet, with a little baking and gardening thrown in sometimes too!

Monday, 16 July 2012

Tweet tweet!

No, I'm not on Twitter, I've been making a bird!


Somehow I seem to have got distracted from my knitting into crochet again! This pattern is from Lucy at Attic24, and is very good for using odds and ends of yarn, and also for cheering up yet more grey rainy days... I'm giving it to a friend for her birthday, so I hope she'll like it. I've also been finding something to do with my ripple blanket I started ages ago (more on that another day), and making a Fat-bottom bag (ditto), and so haven't yet finished my Mara shawl. So much I want to do!
We've had some new windows put in, and so I've got bits and pieces of filling and painting to do, which is taking valuable yarn-time (grrrr!), and I also need to catch up on lots of housework (more grrrr!) but I am very pleased with the windows, so I mustn't complain :P

Must go, Pollyfilla calls!

6 comments:

  1. It is always good to use up the yarn end bits and pieces. What a lovely bird! I think your friend is very lucky to be getting that for her birthday. I like it's little button eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little birds but haven't made one yet. At first I thought it was an angel or a dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet bird! Your friend will love it! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. just adorable, pure sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could make little birdies and hang them in your new windows! I need to remember them, they're great to add to a package or hang as a decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How enchanting! It's the perfect time of year to start making lots of colourful birds! Here in France we say that Valentine's Day is the birds' wedding day!

    Clever you!

    Stephanie (stomps off muttering under her breath 'I wish I could crochet, I wish I could crochet')

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a comment - I love reading them, and I love getting the chance to click the links to see other people's blogs too :)