Welcome!

Hello and welcome to hook and yarn. I'm Jane, and this is my place to write about the things I knit and crochet, with a little baking and gardening thrown in sometimes too!

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

mara

Comfy cosy softly squishy warmth mmmm



Just what you need for this chilly summer in the UK! I really like the frilly border on this:


Pattern: Mara from Madelinetosh
Yarn: Thistle by Louisa Harding in shade 16 Surf, 7.3 balls

And I've been doing some baking too: I fancied doing some yeast baking, and made an apple kuchen.


To be honest, I think it looks better than it tasted! It was just a little bland. Hmmm, what next?

4 comments:

  1. I just love your wrap! How wonderful it looks with jeans! I think everyone should make and wear them! Great color choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shawl, makes me wish for cooler days. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wrap, looks very cosy! Try Chelsea buns, we made some the other day, OMG they were sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely shawl! I love the ruffle too. Gosh, now I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave a comment - I love reading them, and I love getting the chance to click the links to see other people's blogs too :)